Six years ago I had my FIRST paid family session at Gamble Garden in Palo Alto. I fell in love with the location and now shoot many sessions throughout the year here.
A few reasons why I love this spot…
1. Large area- Large outdoor space so if there are other families and photographers there is plenty of room to spread out and get lost amongst the flowers.
2. Abundance of backdrops- Each time I do a family session here I find a new spot to use. There are rows of flowers, dozens of trees, pathways, benches and even a charming little gazebo.
3. Pet friendly- Perfect spot for families who want to include their dog. I always have clients keep their dog on a leash and there are fountains for drink breaks J
4. All year round- the gardens are beautiful all year round. Even during our winter or rainy season you will see plenty of greenery and charm. Each season brings out different flowers, blooms, colors, and beauty.
5. Lighting- There are tons of large gorgeous trees and foliage to filter the light. I try and schedule all of my sessions during golden hour or 1-2 hours before sunset.
Here are a few images taken at different times of the year.